Sign on bonus $2,500
Performs a variety of duties in accordance with standard accounting, MIS, or human resources procedures under moderate supervision and guidance. Work is subject to audit and verification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble, review and verify invoices and check requests.
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices.
- Sort, code and prepare invoices for payment.
- Assures appropriate approvals and authorization are received prior to payment.
- Organizes recurring payments, ensuring timely processing.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data.
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Maintain accurate historical records
- Maintain confidentiality of organizational information.
- Prepares year-end and statistical reports as required.
- Maintains sufficient knowledge of accounting to complete duties efficiently.
- Maintains and follows written procedures for each task or responsibility and updates procedures as necessary. All procedural changes are approved at a higher level.
- Performs filing and data entry as needed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
High school. College level courses in Business Administration preferred.
Minimum of one year experience working in an office setting, preferably performing accounts payable duties. Two years’ experience processing payments for multiple cost centers preferred. Experience using Microsoft products.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
Familiarity with general accounting theories and practices. Detail oriented with extreme attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines. Highly proficient with spreadsheets and accounting software. Demonstrate a commitment to continuous skill development to competently serve individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.