$2,500 - 7,500 sign on bonus depending on credentials
Accurately receive and code invoices and issue payments (either check or ACH) for all vendors in a timely manner. Complete advanced and specialized accounting assignments, as needed. Performs duties with minimal supervision and guidance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sort, code and prepare invoices for payment.
- Assemble, review and verify invoices and check requests to ensure accuracy, legitimacy and presence of all required approvals and supporting documentation.
- Prepare and enter vouchers into the accounting system.
- Meet department standards of invoice entry within 24-36 hours of receipt.
- Troubleshoot and research invoice issues including outstanding credits, open invoices, invoices pending approval, etc. (Resolve vendor invoice issues within 72 hours of identification).
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements.
- Ensure accounts payable vendor files are accurate and up to date.
- Serve as key contact for staff for all AP and Expense reimbursements and inquiries.
- Establish and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with Center employees and outside agencies with which the Center is involved.
- Create and maintain documents in electronic format for processing and storage purposes.
- Provide assistance within the Finance Department to other financial positions, as needed.
- Complete statistical reports and special projects as required.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Maintain accurate historical records
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of accounting practices to complete duties efficiently.
- Maintain and follow written procedures for each task or responsibility and update procedures as necessary.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
High school. College level courses in Business Administration preferred.
Minimum of five years working experience performing AP duties in an office setting. Experience using Microsoft products. Demonstrates mastery of progressively more complex tasks. Demonstrates skill level in field working independently with minimal supervision.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Flexible and adaptable to change, with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced office environment. Demonstrates initiative and is self-motivated. Communication skills must be effective and courteous, requiring high integrity when dealing with restricted and/or highly confidential information. Advanced knowledge of accounting and business practices. Demonstrate a commitment to continuous skill development to competently serve individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.