Based out of Brush, Sterling
Team-oriented direct behavioral health clinical treatment in a primary medical care setting to a variety of individuals which may include children/adolescents, adults and geriatric.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses patients to determine appropriate level of treatment in accordance with relevant ethical and legal standards
- Provides services appropriate to age-specific needs of all patients in accordance with the principles of growth and development for infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric life cycles.
- Conducts mental health screenings utilizing standardized instruments.
- Provides PCP initiated consultation services that may include differential diagnosis, psychoeducation, brief intervention, referral for further treatment etc.
- Consults with and advises other health care team members on methods of assisting patients and their families in overcoming social and emotional difficulties which may prevent effective health care.
- Manages psychosocial aspects of chronic and acute diseases.
- Provides psychotherapy to individuals as well as groups.
- Facilitates groups in parenting, marital relations and or stress management.
- Creates written material for use in psychoeducation of patients.
- Maintains accurate and timely clinical records consistent with center standards.
- Participates in meetings, in-services and supervisory sessions as required.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.