External Scholarship Cover Letter And Application
January 23, 2013
Dear Community Member:
In an effort to raise awareness of career opportunities in the mental health field to members of our communities, Centennial Mental Health Center is pleased to offer its seventh annual Future Mental Health Professional Scholarship Program. The program consists of $500 - $2,000 per year awards. The successful applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- No age limit, non-traditional students are also encouraged to apply
- Graduate from High School or GED program anytime before but by Summer 2013
- United States citizen or legal immigrant
- Permanent address must reside in Centennial’s ten county catchment area (Phillips, Sedgwick, Logan, Morgan, Washington, Yuma, Elbert, Lincoln, Cheyenne Wells, Kit Carson)
- Intent to complete minimum of a bachelor degree in a behavioral health related field (psychology, sociology, counseling, etc)
- Submittal of an application, transcript(s), two letters of recommendation, and a 500-750 word essay
- Academic achievement, aptitude, and community service
- Amounts coordinate with full time enrollment (12+ credit hours per semester). Awards will be prorated based on student’s actual enrollment.
Applications should be postmarked no later than March 15, 2013 and sent to:
Centennial Mental Health Center
Attn: Kassidy Clouse
211 West Main St.
Sterling, CO 80751
Applications are available at www.centennialmhc.org or by contacting email@example.com. A hard copy of the official application is enclosed, please feel free to make copies as necessary. Please contact Kassidy Clouse, 970-522-4549 x279 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Human Resources Manager