Journey Point Respite is a six (6) bed facility located in Sterling, CO, serving people in crisis as they define it, not just those at imminent risk to themselves or others. It serves people of all ages, and people in crisis with all types of underlying concerns: mental health, addiction, brain injury, developmental disabilities, dementia and/or medical concerns.
This facility provides crisis residential respite services in a safe soothing place for an individual to stabilize in a non-clinical setting. The home includes semi-private sleeping areas, a family room and natural support systems. Journey Point is staffed by peers, mentors and paraprofessionals. Individuals have access to psychiatric and clinical services, as needed.
The length of stay is up to 14 days.
WHAT DOES JOURNEY POINT LOOK LIKE?
A residential setting that provides a safe alternative to hospitalization for those experiencing a mental health crisis.
The program is staffed 24 hours and is complete with a Program Manager and Case Managers.
We have a capacity for 6 residents, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room.
The following services are offered at Respite:
• Development and implementation of a care plan
• Monitoring safety, well being
• Skill building
• Action Planning Prevention for Recovery
• Daily reassessment
• Coordination of continuing care
• Discharge planning and transitioning
• Medication Management
• ERT assessment is needed to determine if appropriate
• Does not meet 27-65 criteria for hospitalization
• Low to medium risk for hospitalization
• Able to follow Respite guidelines
• Has no health conditions requiring skilled nursing care
• Is not under the influence of alcohol/drugs
• Compliant with directions and instructions
• Able to maintain ADL’s and physical health independently
• Does not pose a threat to the safety of other clients or staff
For More Information Contact:
Respite Program Manager
1112 N 4th St
Sterling, CO 80751
970-425-7218 (Ext. 133)
Call 844.493.TALK (8255)
Text TALK to 38255
Centennial Mental Health Center
(CMHC) is a non-profit organization
dedicated to providing the highest quality comprehensive mental health service
to the rural communities of Northeastern Colorado.