In an effort to raise awareness of career opportunities in the mental health field to members of our communities, Centennial Mental Health Center is pleased to offer its 13th annual Future Mental Health Professional Scholarship Program. The program consists of $500 - $2,000 per year awards. The successful applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- No age limit, non-traditional students are also encouraged to apply
- Graduate from High School or GED program any time before but by Summer 2023 (Non-traditional students encouraged to apply)
- United States citizen or legal immigrant
- Permanent address must reside in Centennial’s ten county catchment area (Phillips, Sedgwick, Logan, Morgan, Washington, Yuma, Elbert, Lincoln, Cheyenne Wells, Kit Carson)
- Intent to complete minimum of a bachelor degree in a behavioral health related field (psychology, sociology, counseling, etc)
- Submittal of an application, transcript(s), two letters of recommendation, and a 500-750 word essay
- Academic achievement, aptitude, and community service
- Amounts coordinate with full time enrollment (12+ credit hours per semester). Awards will be prorated based on student’s actual enrollment.
Applications should be postmarked no later than March 10, 2023 and sent to:
Centennial Mental Health Center
Attn: Sharon Greenman
211 West Main St.
Sterling, CO 80751