Plans, coordinates and implements prevention services to school districts, local colleges and community members throughout Centennial’s 10 county catchment area. Prevention activities will include training of school staff through in-services and workshops, assisting districts in development of screening and prevention programs, provision of curriculum and materials, and designing family-based prevention programming. The provider will be available to facilitate school and community assemblies and assist in establishing response and referral protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The Prevention Specialist will establish ongoing collaborative relationships with school districts, local colleges and community members to establish and meet the needs of prevention services throughout Centennials 10 county catchment area.
2. The Prevention Specialist will work in conjunction with the School-based MH Specialist (SBS) to coordinate prevention trainings in schools.
3. The Prevention Specialist will provide information and connection to community resources and public benefits.
4. The Prevention Specialist will refer students for ongoing behavioral health services when necessary.
5. The Prevention Specialist will work in conjunction with the SBS to assist with resource development for additional school-based services.
6. The Prevention Specialist will maintain timely records and data collections for measuring goals and outcomes of the program and services.
7. The Prevention Specialist will attend trainings, workshops, conferences, and meetings that will further the ability to consult in the school setting.
8. The Prevention Specialist will frequently travel to various school districts within the geographic region, providing regular on-site consultation, training and support.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Certified Addictions Counselor II or Certified Prevention Specialist II.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Editing skills with strong organizational abilities and meticulous attention to detail. Strong skill set to manage several projects simultaneously, set priorities, problem solve and meet deadlines. Behavioral or physical health care experience. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.